Crusade special airs December 15
A special television program entitled “WHAS Crusade for Children: Building the Future” will air from 6:30pm to 8:00pm Saturday, December 15 on WHAS11 television. The program will highlight the Crusade’s Endowment fund. WHAS11’s Melissa Swan and 84WHAS radio’s Terry Meiners will serve as hosts.
Photos from 2011 Building the Future special
The WHAS Crusade for Children, established in 1954 by WHAS-TV, raises money for agencies, schools and hospitals to make life better for children with special needs.
Since 1954, the Crusade has raised more than $148 million, giving critical assistance to millions of children in 120 Kentucky and 50 Southern Indiana counties.
The money donated in Kentucky stays in Kentucky and, likewise, money donated in Indiana stays in Indiana. No money is sent to any other national charity or organization.
The Crusade returns 100% of each donation to agencies that directly improve the lives of children with special needs.
The WHAS Crusade for Children Endowment fully funds the Crusade’s future.
It guarantees that 100% of the Crusade’s annual telethon collections continue to go directly to agencies that help children with special needs.
It ensures that millions more children will be helped for decades to come.
Beyond your annual contribution, the Crusade needs your Endowment donation now. To change a child’s life forever, support the WHAS Crusade Endowment.
- 100% of each donation goes directly to help children with special needs
- The Crusade has raised more than $148 million since 1954
- Millions of children have been helped by the Crusade
- The Crusade collects an average of $5 million annually; that allows the Crusade to fund just one-third of its annual grant requests
- The Crusade helps children in all 120 Kentucky counties and 50 Southern Indiana counties
- An independent panel of interdenominational clergy allocates Crusade donations
- Firefighters raise nearly 60% of the Crusade’s annual donations
- The Crusade is seen and heard on Kentucky’s statewide network of Internet, radio and television outlets during the Crusade telethon which takes place on the first full weekend in June
- The Endowment fully funds the Crusade’s future
- The Endowment guarantees that children with special needs will be helped for decades to come
You can donate NOW!
Click here to make a donation to the WHAS Crusade for Children securely online.